Monday, October 23, 2006

Episode 4 - The anthology of american folk music part 1

In this episode, Harry Smith, born in 1923, was mentioned a bit. He won the major achievement award for anthology of american folk music. It's been 40 years since his films came out. He said,

"My dreams came true. I saw America change through music."

I think that this quote is important because it is really true. Just look around you and its clear that music is a huge part of our society today and in the past. This quote is also important to our class because that is what it is based on. Music. Without it, we wouldn't have a class at all.

Something else that was also mentioned was another type of music; straight forward music but obscure lyrics. The song that was played was "I wish I were a mole in the ground." I thought that this was pretty comical. It was ridiculous and made me and laura laugh.

So once again I lost interest pretty quickly with this episode.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yeah we laughed!